- Serves: 8
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 375ml beer
- 8 cooked sausages vegetable oil for deep frying
Prep:5min › Cook:10min › Ready in:15min
- Combine the self-raising flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Add the egg and gradually whisk in the beer until a smooth batter forms.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large heavy-based saucepan to reach a depth of 5cm. Heat to 180°C over high heat (this can also be done in a deep fat fryer).
- Dip the sausages into the batter and drop into the hot oil. Work in batches, cooking 2 to 3 at a time depending on the size of your fryer/pan.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until crisp and golden brown, remove and place onto a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Serve and enjoy!