- 120g Lard
- 60g Margarine
- 360g Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 6 rashers of Bacon
- 220g Cheese
- Cook the bacon
- Add Lard, margarine and flour. (Always half fat to flour ratio)
- Knead the margarine, lard and flour till consistency of bread crumbs
- Add water till consistency of play dough, so it’s able to wipe the bowl clean with it.
- Add a little flour to roll out, roll out thin not thick as the egg will get under the pastry for some reason and
- Put dough in a 7 inch flan dish.
- Fill with 100g grated cheese, cover it entirely.
- Add bacon with a tomato
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper
- Add the eggs to the mixture
- Add 120g grated cheese on top.
- Cook on 200 degrees on a low shelf in the oven for 15-20 minutes – don’t worry if cheese gets burnt a little.
- And then cook for 15 to 20 minutes on 170 degrees.
Might need less cheese next time, will add a comment when I’ve had some.
20 minutes on each temperature (40 mins total)