Skip to content
- 3 lamb hearts (500g)
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 beef oxo cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- Prepare the hearts by cutting the fat off the top, and remove any tubes sticking out. Clean out the hearts under a running tap to remove any blood.
- Set the oven to 190 degrees celsius
- Chop the onion and crush the garlic – put both in a bowl.
- Slice the hearts into strips – not too thin mind.
- Put the flour into a small bowl, and bathe each heart strip in the flour.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the heart strips until they are brown on both sides.
- Make up the beef stock with 500ml boiling water and 2 stock cubes.
- Transfer the hearts to a cooking pot and add the beef stock. Heat until it simmers.
- Add the garlic and onions, put on the lid and transfer the pot to the oven.
- After 1 hour (add up to 30 minutes if necessary), take the pot out of the oven.