- 1kg stewing steak
- 60g cup all-purpose flour, for dredging the beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 200g fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (300g) condensed beef broth
- 2 to 4 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
- 200g sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- fresh chopped parsley
- Trim all excess fat from steak and cut into-3 inch strips about 1/2-inch wide.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour, the salt, pepper and dry mustard; toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly.
- Place coated steak strips in the Crock Pot and stir in onions and mushrooms.
- Add beef broth and wine; stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- In a small bowl combine the sour cream and flour.
- Mix until smooth.
- Just before serving, stir the sour cream mixture into the beef. Continue cooking on low just until heated through and thickened.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.