- 200g Unsalted Butter
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 200g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate
- 4 Large Eggs
- 200g Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g Plain Flour
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 100g Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate to glaze on top
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Butter and line the base and sides of a 23cm spring form or loose-bottomed cake tin. Put the butter and chocolate into a pan and gently melt together. It won’t be smooth.
- Meanwhile, using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins until billowy and about the thickness of old-fashioned custard.
- Pour the chocolate and butter mix into the whisked egg and sugar, then fold it in very carefully using a large metal spoon.
- Using a mixer again mix the flour, almonds and ¼ tsp salt together, then fold into the mix until even.
- Spoon into the tin and let it cool a while and then bake for 30 minutes until evenly set with a slight crust all over the top.
- Leave the cake to cool until warm, then release from the tin.
- Melt the remaining 100g of chocolate (I melt it in my microwave for 1 min 15 secs on 900w in a small plastic bowl)
- Spread the chocolate over the top of the torte as shown in the picture.
- Slice into wedges and serve with whipped or double cream.
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 mins
This recipe is a modified version of https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/251621/dark-and-squidgy-chocolate-torte
As this is used with Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate the calories are slightly different to the BBC Good food recipe.