- 4 sausages (or 2 very large ones)
- 140g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Put the sausages in a roasting tin with the oil, then bake for 15 mins until browned.
- Meanwhile, make up the batter mix. Tip the flour into a bowl with the salt, make a well in the middle and crack both eggs into it.
- Use a whisk to mix it together, then slowly add the milk, whisking all the time.
- Once the sausages are nice and brown, remove the sausages from the oven – watch because the fat will be sizzling hot – but if it isn’t, put the tin on the hob for a few mins until it is.
- Pour in the batter mix, transfer to the top shelf of the oven, then cook for 25-30 mins, until risen and golden. Serve with gravy and veg.