- 50g margarine – I use “I can’t believe it’s not butter”
- 125g light or dark brown sugar (you can mix the two)
- 1 medium/large egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
- 200g self raising flour
- 1-2tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash of milk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- In a large bowl beat the sugar and butter together using a wooden spoon until combined and smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla and mashed banana and beat again for 1 minute.
- Fold in the sifted flour and cinnamon. Beat mixture with your wooden spoon until combined.
- Add a splash of milk if the mixture is too stiff, it should be able to drip off the spoon.
- Spoon mixture in to a loaf tin and bake for 45min or until a knife pushed in to the centre comes out clean.
- Store in an airtight container. Best eaten within 3-4 days.