- 2 eggs
- 100g rice
- 100g peas and sweetcorn mix
- Cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- Put the rice in a saucepan and pour cold water in until it’s an inch deep.
- Heat the saucepan on a high temperature hob, leave uncovered.
- Once it reaches boiling point, turn the heat down to low and partially cover the pan with a lid.
- After about 10 minutes, the water should have boiled off. Transfer the rice to a bowl and let it cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat a saucepan and splash some oil in. Once the oil is hot, throw in the vegetable mix.
- Add the cold rice and mix with the vegetables.
- Crack the eggs into a cup and beat lightly with a fork to break them up
- Pour the eggs over the rice and mix with a wooden spoon. The eggs should bind with the rice and start cooking.
- Once the eggs look sufficiently cooked, take the pan off the heat and season with salt and pepper.
Despite what others may tell you, do not add soy sauce to the rice! Use a rock salt grinder and black pepper to add a little seasoning, but soy sauce will just take over the flavour of the dish.
275kcal per serving